The Villas at Poipu Kai are located on the sunny south shore of Kauai. The property sits on the beautifully groomed greenbelt in Poipu with just a five-minute walk to the beach. The Villas are a short 25-minute drive from the Lihue International Airport and are conveniently located so that you can golf, dine, and swim without even getting in the car.
Check out the beaches near the resort.
Directions from Lihue International Airport
- As you depart the airport, you will come to a stoplight where Hwy 51 (Kapule Hwy) and Ahkukini Road meet at a 4 way intersection. Proceed straight across the intersection and stay on Ahukini Road.
- After about 1 mile, you will come to a stoplight where Hwy 51 (Kapule Hwy) and Ahukini Road meet at a 4-way intersection. Turn left onto Hwy 56. You will be heading southwest.
- Continue west for about 7 miles. After about 1 mile, Hwy 56 becomes Hwy 50 (Kaumuali’i Hwy). As you continue west, you will se the Kukui Grove Shopping Center (at the corner of Hwy 50 and Nawiliwili Road) on your left. Please note that the Kukui Grove Shopping center is the closest major shopping area to your villa. Within the Center are Macys, Sears, Kmart, Borders Books and Music, and Starbucks; there is also a Costco close by.
- After about 7 miles, you will see a directional sign with an arrow pointing left to Poipu & Koloa. Proceed into the left hand turn lane. Turn left- heading South- onto Hwy 520 (Malhua Road), Locals refer to this road as The Tunnel of Trees (and you’ll know why!).
- After about 2.8 miles, you will see a sign with an arrow pointing left to Poipu. Proceed into the left hand turn lane. Turn left onto Ala Kinoiki (also known as the Poipu Bypass Road). (If you miss this road and arrive in Old Koloa Town, you have gone too far.)
- After about 2.9 miles on Ala Kinoiki, you will come to a stop sign where Ala Kinoiki intersects with Poipu Road. Please be careful. There is a stop sign on your road and across the highway, but traffic on Poipu Road does not stop.
- Continue straight across Poipu Road. On the other side, Ala Kinoiki becomes Pe’e Road.
- Just after the first speed bump on Pe’e Road, Turn right onto Ho’Ohu Road.
- Turn Right at the FIRST lava rock wall for entrance to the Garden Villas. Park Here for G and H building reservations. Turn Right at the SECOND lava rock wall for Poolside Villas. There is a sign that says Villas at Poipu Kai in white letters. Park here for the Poolside Villas.
Family Reunion in Kauai
Events in Kauai The island of Kauai is regularly home to the most authentic Hawaiian …
The Villas at Poipu Kai are conveniently located so that you can enjoy your entire vacation without having get in the car. Close by is a world famous golf course that has hosted the Grand Slam of Golf for 9 years. Additionally, the villas boast a serene pool in the center of the property for all guests to enjoy. The pool is complete with barbeque’s, tables, sun chairs and umbrellas in order to make your swim comfortable and relaxing. There is also a hot tub with a cascading waterfall for those romantic evening moments. You can cook with your fully supplied kitchen and dine in or walk to a restaurant nearby. If you just want to relax there are 3 world class beaches just a few steps away.